Monday, July 13, 2015

Wow-Long time and no blog

   I fell off the blog train.  Life got in the way- you know, job, kids, driving them all over for after school events.  A lot has happened in our camping life since the last blog.  The biggest change is that we became what we  use to call- "Wimpy campers."

Yes, we bought a travel trailer.
It's following us!

   I miss the tent.  I miss feeling like "Nature Woman" sleeping with the critters just beyond the thin tent walls. (The wild animal critters roaming the woods-not my kids.)

   But- I do not miss sleeping on the ground or on a cot for a week at a time.  My back isn't as young as it used to be and a real bed with a real mattress is really nice.

   And when it rains, I don't have to worry about the tent floor flooding. And it always rains when we camp.  My son attributes last years drought in Texas to us not camping as much as we have in the past.

   There are people in trailers that never seem to come out.  We are only in at bedtime and in heavy rain.  We aren't total camp wimps.





   Last trip, I made a new breakfast dish that was a big hit.  It was the last morning and I was running out of breakfast foods.  I always plan the meals tight so I am not bringing home lots of left overs.  I had a little bacon and a little sausage, so I cooked that in my cast iron pot with some sliced onion.  I added some hash brown potatoes (Simply Potatoes brand) and let them brown up a bit.  Then I poured in the last of the Egg Beaters (taking real eggs has never worked well for us) and let them scramble into the potatoes and meats.  I finished it by tossing in a handful of leftover shredded cheese from taco night and let that melt.  My daughter, the pickiest eater of our crew, loved it but picked out the onion pieces because they were too big.

   I may sleep in a camper, but I will always be cooking over my campfire.





Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

At November 1, 2015 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Just Another Old Geezer said...

Both the tent and the camper each have their own benefits, but when we get a little older the bed sure is nice!
http://learncamping.weebly.com

 
At November 1, 2015 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Just Another Old Geezer said...

Both the tent and the camper each have their own benefits, but when we get a little older the bed sure is nice!
http://learncamping.weebly.com

 
At March 20, 2016 at 7:09 AM , Blogger steward said...

it's really amazing camping,.
surfing sumatra

 
At June 1, 2016 at 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.. they are really interesting.. I would like to swervey more from you.
Military Gear

 
At July 13, 2016 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Fred J Driks said...

Thanks for sharing your experience ..Great read.I am too camping freak and love to travel different places.

 
At August 12, 2016 at 3:36 AM , Blogger steward said...

This is something really amazing and helpful about surfing,.
Go Pro Hero 4 Black 4k

 
At September 4, 2016 at 2:58 AM , Blogger Just Another Old Geezer said...

Great post! You may have the most comfortable camper ever but stick to your base camping principals - cook over a wood fire and enjoy nature in all it's glory...
http://learncamping.weebly.com/learn-camping-blog

 
At September 4, 2016 at 3:00 AM , Blogger Just Another Old Geezer said...

Great post! You may have the most comfortable camper ever but stick to your base camping principals - cook over a wood fire and enjoy nature in all it's glory...
http://learncamping.weebly.com/learn-camping-blog

 
At December 6, 2016 at 2:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I would Recommend You dont miss Best family camping tents when you plan to visit some beach areas.

 
At December 6, 2016 at 2:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.highqualitylisting.com/

 
At December 29, 2016 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Is Jansport a good backpack brand?
Swedish Design

 
At February 7, 2017 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This information is really worthy and please provide me some new content along with best bookmarking sites .. and please keep posting more information.
best camping tent for two

 
At March 23, 2017 at 12:28 AM , Blogger VitaStik said...

Thank you for such an amazing post,.
Outdoors

 
At August 14, 2017 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Smhike said...

Thank you for the article.
Get Instagram Followers

 
At January 20, 2018 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Marvellous Studio said...

Nice, Thanks for posting
best camping tents

 
At January 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Marvellous Studio said...

Nice, Thanks for posting
best camping tents

 
At July 17, 2018 at 5:20 AM , Blogger belltent said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 4, 2019 at 2:16 AM , Blogger Color and Grace said...

Color and Grace brings you a complete guide on what to wear for camping while looking stylish and being comfortable. Camping is a fun out activity and you need to dress the part so that you can do all the activities while being comfortable and looking great for the photos as well. Show off your personal style with tips and ideas on camping style.

 
At January 27, 2020 at 4:11 AM , Blogger kilsythCamping.ca said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Bruce Peninsula Ontario Campgrounds

 
At February 25, 2020 at 1:40 AM , Blogger kilsythCamping.ca said...

Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.

Owen Sound RV parks

 
At May 27, 2020 at 8:15 AM , Blogger kilsythCamping.ca said...

I really loved reading your blog. It is very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike so many other blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact, after reading, I shared it with my friends and everyone liked it!Camping Owen Sound

 
At May 27, 2020 at 8:20 AM , Blogger kilsythCamping.ca said...

I'm impressed! I must say that the information is Extremely useful and very engaging. Keep writing.Many many thanks and best of luck for your upcoming blogs.
RV camping near me

 
At June 8, 2020 at 2:12 AM , Blogger kilsythCamping.ca said...

It's bright!Its Quite engaging.I just loved the way you have written it. keep writing with visuals. Gr8, The narration is simply beautiful.

Read an interesting Blog on "Sable beach camping" now

 
At October 12, 2021 at 3:15 AM , Blogger NEX Global Enterprises said...

Nex Global Enterprises is the reputed provider of Hardware Supplies Singapore. We’ll help retailers to search out great deals on top quality products and also provide a range of options with detailed specifications. Don’t waste your precious time thinking, do check our website once. Buy any product from us; we are always at your service to assist you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home