Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Inspiration

My son came running back to our campsite from the playground ready for lunch.  I couldn't even see skin; just dirt and mud.  I yelled down, "Wash first-with soap!"

He stopped at the water spigot at the front of our campsite, turned on the water, grabbed the soap, and in seconds was clean enough to eat-from the wrists to the fingers anyway.

Another mom was walking by and stopped to watch.  She asked about my "soap dispenser."  I never even thought of it as clever or unusual-just standard operating procedure.  I drop a bar of soap into an old nylon knee-high or pieces of pantyhose and tie it to the spigot.  It's always there, dries between sue, doesn't fall on the ground, and can't be carried away by animals-or kids.

About 2 hours later, I saw that same mom again.  She had made a trip into a nearby town for some knee highs and soap.  She asked if I had any other secrets to share... 

That made me think, maybe I do have some ideas that can be useful to other campers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 18, 2015 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Kafy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 7, 2016 at 4:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, someone's experience could be a great hiking tips for others.
by the way thanks for sharing your post!

 
At February 8, 2017 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is what, I really do while I'm on disneyland camping doing silly and funny things to make my expedition more exciting and adventurous.

 
At February 18, 2021 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Blakelee Bartik said...

Hi there! I was wondering if we could use your image on our website? Please email me at blakelee@cheapism.com at your earliest convenience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home